Friday 20 June 2014

Instagram Collective Vol.2



It's been a good two months since my last Instagram update. I have to admit, I've been cheating on my Instagram a bit recently by using photographs from my big girl camera and editing them, but these are all photos which my good old HTC One has taken. A recurring theme, most of them revolve around Tower Bridge because I'm there every day and I do see some spectacular sunsets that are too good not to 'gram.

The quality of some of these are extremely variable and that's one thing that I really dislike about Instagram: using their editing software seems to completely bodge the quality. You can definitely tell which ones I have used vscocam for (yep, I've become an Instahipster, help me), especially that moody latte art shot.

At the top in the centre is a rare breed of photo from my Instagram - something other than sunsets, architecture or a latte art moment of pride, but something which points you forward to another upcoming scrapbooking blog post. These were not cheap to print but came out in a beautiful matte finish and the perfect size to make into pages, write around and add a little something extra to my scrapbook, otherwise all the cherished snaps on my phone would never leave the abyss of the internet.

You can follow me on Instagram if you would like - @mosaicofantonia. Give me some links to follow you! My favourite kind of Instagrams are those which don't just indulge in poorly lit selfies and endless hashtags of every single word that you want in your caption. There is a girl in Australia who I follow who does the most charming shots of coffee and of her in floral crowns and I feel like she is living a fairytale through her Instagram. I've journeyed through her Instagram for over a year and honestly would quite like to be a penpal of hers. Her name is @athenagracee and I thought that she probably deserved a little plug as she has pretty much inspired the way I used Instagram.

Who inspires how you take photos and capture your life via Instagram?

-Antonia

No comments:

Post a Comment